Kitchen Tool Essentials
Updated: Mar 18, 2019
Like it or not, healing requires some effort. A big chunk of those efforts will be made in the kitchen! Now, don't get your panties twisted~
Once you get the hang of batch cooking and meal prep...it's EASIER than running to your old fav drive through!
There are certainly some kitchen tools that make life easier, and because I care so much, I've cultivated a list of some of my personal favorites! (check back for updates occasionally)
2. Thermometer– instant-read thermometer that gets you within 3 degrees of most food temperatures in less than five seconds.
3. Dutch Oven – A thick-walled, cast iron cooking pot with a tight-fitting lid. It’s a must-have for slow cooking soups, stews, and roasts.
4. Food Processor – One of my can't live without appliances with multiple blade attachments, designed to help you chop, slice, grate, grind, blend, or mix depending on your needs.
5. Chest Freezer – I am OBSESSED with mine, makes life so much easier. Every inch is usable storage. Ideal for folks who batch cook and freeze pre-portioned meals, or buy meat in bulk.
6. Glass Storage Containers– Ideal for storing batch cook leftovers because they freeze well, reheat easily and they’re BPA free.
8. Wood Cutting Boards – The preferred style of cutting board (not plastic or glass)--it’s easy on knives, self-healing and won’t hold onto bacteria.
9. Sharp Knives – These are a non-negotiable in a busy kitchen. These knives will last a lifetime, you can even will them to your loved ones. Quality knives, save you time and help prevent injury.
11. Mandoline Slicer – Slice, julienne, waffle-cut and crinkle-cut in several widths and thicknesses.
12. Zester – A small handheld grater used for peeling the “zest” or outer flesh from citrus fruits, or for finely grating garlic, turmeric, ginger, or other dense ingredients.
13. Cast-Iron Skillet – An economical, versatile, long-lasting skillet that’s naturally nonstick when seasoned correctly. It’s even oven safe!
14. Stainless Skillet – A handy all-purpose skillet that’s great for sautéing veggies and searing meats, i.e. anything that benefits from fond (browning on the bottom of the pan).
15. Spiralizer – A device used to cut vegetables into long ribbons or strips resembling noodles or spaghetti.
16. Strainer – A holed/mesh device used to separate solid matter from liquid. Use small for steeping tea and larger ones for removing leftover bones, herbs, etc. from bone broth.
17. Veggie Peeler – A handheld tool with a slotted metal blade used to remove the outer skin or peel of certain vegetables, often sweet potatoes and carrots.
18. Easy Fermenter -Each Easy Fermenter lid has a waterless airlock valve that lets carbon dioxide out, but stops oxygen, mold and bacteria from getting in. That means you can literally just “set it and forget it”. It couldn’t be easier to ferment your fav veggies!
19. Food Scale - Digitally ensuring you eat enough and not too much!
20. Parchment Paper -for safer cooking and easy cleanup!
18. Large Soup Pot – If you want to start a batch cooking routine, you’ll definitely need a stock pot large enough for weekly batches of soups or bone broth.
19. Counter top Air Fryer/Dehydrator/Roaster in one! – Why buy a stand alone air fryer or dehydrator when the Smart Oven Air can air fry and dehydrate a range of foods.
uses low heat and air flow to slowly remove moisture from foods to aid in preservation, e.g. fruits, meats (for jerky), and vegetables (for chips). BONUS: This can even roast a 14lb Turkey & fit a 5qt dutch oven inside.
20. Ice Cream Maker – A counter top machine that gently freezes and churns ingredients to create homemade ice cream.
21. Gummy Mold – A small, inexpensive freezer mold used for setting gelatin “gummies” or healthier treats.
22. Spring form Pan – A non-stick cake/pie pan with a removable bottom held in place by a circular, hinged “collar” for easy removal. Great for no-bake cakes and other sticky baked goods.
23. SKG Masticating Juicer -A great way to get additional nutrients from your food!
24. Six Pack Fitness Bags -Fantastic for a busy day or to bring to work or use while traveling!
Hoping this list gives you some cooking inspo and helps to make your meal prepping days easy peasy!
Thanks for joining me today!
Brianna Marie, HHFC
#kitchenessentials #kitchen #kitchentools #chefstools #chef #AIP #Mealprep #foodbatching #easyrecipes #aiprecipes #healthyfood #healthandwellness #holistichealingfitclub #instantpotrecipes #instantpot #cutco #familyrecipes #fitfam #baking #dessert #aipbaking #paleo #paleobaking